Moist Pumpkin Cookies Recipe With Cream Cheese Frosting
I tend to go overboard with pumpkin-based recipes this time of the year. But really, can you blame me? Pumpkin is cheap, nutrient-rich, and great in both sweet and savory dishes. Pumpkin season comes just once a year, so I try to take full advantage of it. The puree of just one pumpkin has already been used in three separate dishes:
- Pumpkin hummus
- Pumpkin pie
- These pumpkin cookies
And I still have another bag frozen for future use.
About The Recipe
These pumpkin cookies are super moist. I might go so far as to say that these are the most moist cookies I’ve ever eaten. Combined with the cream cheese frosting, they just melt in your mouth. And they’re super easy to make. The dough took less than five minutes to mix up.
If the dough feels tacky to you, don’t worry. This is a most unfussy recipe. Just remember that however you place the dough on the baking sheet is how the cookie will end up looking. These cookies barely change shape through the baking process.
I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as I have over the years. This is one recipe that I have made over and over again!
Moist Pumpkin Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For cream cheese frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half or whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together sugar, pumpkin and softened butter. Combine dry ingredients and mix into the butter mixture. Chill dough for 20 minutes before baking. Drop dough by tablespoons onto baking sheet. Bake at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- For frosting, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Frost cookies when cooled. Top with pecan or walnut pieces, if desired.