Gift Worthy: Chocolate Ganache Truffles Recipe
This is my last gift-worthy post of the year! I am about one present away from being ready for Christmas. What a relief.
These decadent chocolate ganache truffles make the perfect food gift any time of the year. The best part? You only need two ingredients (chocolate and cream) plus toppings to make these beauties. I would recommend buying quality chocolate (like Ghirardelli or Guittard), since with only two ingredients, the taste chocolate will really shine through.
If you’re not done shopping, let me remind you of the other gift-worthy food ideas I’ve posted over the past few weeks:
- Homemade graham crackers
- Homemade coconut marshmallows
- Sweet and spicy meat rub
- Peanut butter truffles
Check these out if you’re looking for a cheap last-minute gift idea. Otherwise, check out my always updated master list of gift-worthy recipes.
There are virtually unlimited options for topping these truffles. I used toasted coconut, black cocoa and sea salt, pistachios, toasted almonds, and candy sprinkles. Here are some other ideas:
- Chocolate candy coating
- White chocolate
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, peanuts, etc.)
- Sunflower seeds
- Candied orange peel
- Decorative sugar
Last but not least, be sure to package the truffles in a pretty box or gift bag. The right packaging can take your food gift to the next level, delighting your recipients.
Chocolate Ganache Truffles Recipe
Yield: 24 truffles
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min , plus cooling
- 12 ounce bag chocolate chips
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- Pour cream into a large glass or metal mixing bowl. Fill a saucepan half way with water and place mixing bowl on top. Heat over medium heat until cream gets very warm. Add chocolate and mix until smooth. Transfer chocolate mixture to fridge and allow to cool for several hours to harden.
- Once chocolate mixture is solid, remove from fridge and scoop out by rounded teaspoonfuls. Roll into a ball shape between hands. Roll truffles in desired toppings. Keep chilled until ready to serve.