Jeweled Banana Bread Recipe With Honey Butter
This is an unconventional banana bread recipe that I’m pretty sure you’ll fall madly in love with.
My friend Meredith has an impressive repertoire of dessert recipes that are always perfectly executed. She introduced me to the idea of adding chocolate chips, maraschino cherries, and toasted walnuts to banana bread. This is now my go-to banana bread recipe.
This recipe takes standard banana bread to a whole new level of deliciousness. Don’t get me wrong. I love plain banana bread. But with this banana bread, there is something special about every single bite. And if that weren’t enough, each slice is slathered with honey butter. Simply. Amazing.
Cheap recipe tip: Avoid throwing out bananas that have gotten brown by putting them in the freezer for later use. Simply let the frozen bananas fully thaw before using.
Jeweled Banana Bread With Honey Butter
Yield: 3 small or 2 large loaves
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min
Total Time: 60 min
For banana bread:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup cherry juice from a jar of maraschino cherries
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 10-ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
For honey butter:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour three small or two large loaf pans. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, mashed bananas, and maraschino cherry juice. Combine flour and baking soda and add to banana mixture, avoiding over-mixing. Stir in maraschino cherries, chocolate chips, and toasted walnuts.
- Pour evenly into prepared loaf pans and bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
- To make honey butter, mix together softened butter with honey. Serve with warm banana bread.