Stay Connected!

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook Pinterest

Parmesan Almond Crusted Chicken Bites Recipe

Parmesan almond crusted chicken bites recipe

My blog has been live over 10 months now, and this is the first chicken recipe I’ve posted. It’s been a long time coming – I know. The truth is, I have sort of a love-hate relationship with chicken. So often, I find chicken to be dry and lacking in flavor. And therefore, it’s rare for me to get excited about it.

A few weeks ago, my friend Jillian brought this flavorful chicken dish to a picnic - and by doing so, made me excited about a chicken recipe for the first time in a long time.

These chicken bites are along the lines of a homemade chicken nugget, but without all the questionable ingredients. They are likely to please kids’ palates. But with a crunchy almond and Parmesan crust, the adults are probably going to love them too. They’re baked, not fried, so you can feel good about feeding these to your whole family.

Parmesan almond crusted chicken bites recipe

I made these the other night when I had guests over. I used six chicken breasts to feed 11 people - and that was more than enough. I suggest using two chicken breasts to feed four people (assuming you’re also making side dishes).

New to Cheap Recipe Blog? I would be thrilled if you would like my Facebook page and follow my Pinterest boards. Let’s stay in touch!

Print Print Save Save

Parmesan Almond Crusted Chicken Bites Recipe

Yield: 4 servings

Prep Time: 20 min

Cook Time: 15 min

Total Time: 35 min

Serve these with honey-mustard, ranch dressing, sweet chili sauce, or your favorite dip.

Ingredients:

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2/3 cup almonds
1 teaspoon paprika
Salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F.
Slice chicken breasts in half the long way. Cut each half into three strips and cut each strip into thirds. For each chicken breast, you should get approximately 18 individual, bite-sized pieces.
Place Parmesan cheese and almonds into a blender or food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Add paprika and desired spices. Place in a small bowl.
Beat egg in a small bowl. To prepare chicken bites, dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture. Let any excess drip off. Next, dip the chicken piece into the Parmesan-almond mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.

Pin It

10 Responses to “Parmesan Almond Crusted Chicken Bites Recipe”

Eileen — July 30, 2012 @ 3:41 am

These guys sound like the perfect addition to a buffet–tasty, crunchy, savory, and easy to carry around on a tiny plate while talking to all your best friends. :)

yumgoggle — July 30, 2012 @ 11:21 am

My daughter loves chicken bites. I love the less messy bite-sized chicken cuts. Finger foods need less complexities in handling, making them really perfect for picnics, packed lunch and to-go snacks. I love that this recipe is cheesy too!
    Anyhoo, we have just recently launched a food photo submission site, http://www.yumgoggle.com/gallery/ that allows you to showcase all your great work and share it with all of our visitors. Your phenomenal photos have caught our attention. We’d be proud to have your work as part of our growing collection to continue to have a larger reach and further inspire all fellow food lovers out there! (sorry for the blatant shameless plug)!

As A Verb — July 30, 2012 @ 5:36 pm

This looks awesome, I can’t wait to try it. I love that the almonds & parmesan become the breading. I can’t wait to try this :) .

liz — August 1, 2012 @ 11:14 pm

Wow – these look like the perfect thing to bring to a potluck – so yummy & easy! Can’t wait to try them!

Jillian — August 4, 2012 @ 12:15 am

Thanks for posting this! I hope everyone enjoys these as much as I do!

Time to break out the lunch boxes! | Smart Living Blog — August 8, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

[...] I like this recipe for Parmesan almond crusted chicken bites because you can make them up in big batches and enjoy some for your own grown-up lunch, too. That’s right, chicken nuggets that adults will actually want to eat, and they’re super easy to make. Maybe school lunches aren’t such a chore, after all! (Cheap Recipe Blog) [...]

Lauren — August 30, 2012 @ 1:39 am

These were so delicious! They were surprisingly even better than I expected. Thank you!

• Haley replied: — August 30th, 2012 @ 1:46 am

Thanks! I’m so glad my friend introduced me to this recipe. I think the key is letting them cool a bit before eating – or else they’re still a little melty.

wenderlynn — September 28, 2012 @ 8:59 pm

i think my husband would like these.and he’s a real fuss pot !

Fun with Almonds- 9 great recipes! | Daily Holiday Blog — February 16, 2014 @ 12:01 pm

[...] Parmesan Almond Crusted Chicken Bites from Cheap Recipe Blog [...]