Brown Butter-Almond Brownies RecipeYum
I know what you’re thinking: “Why do I need another brownie recipe?”
Hear me out. I didn’t think I needed another brownie recipe either. But let me tell you, folks. You do. Because this brownie recipe is the cat’s meow. The prom queen of brownie recipes. Trust me on this one.
Here are a few reasons why you should make this recipe yesterday:
- It’s extremely rich and chocolaty, with an ooey, gooey, fudgy texture and a crackly top.
- It’s easy to make. Browning butter is extremely easy and gives it a distinct nutty flavor.
- You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry right now. Who feels like running to the grocery store when there’s chocolate to be had?
This recipe isn’t mine (it’s from the geniuses over at Bon Appétit), and it isn’t new. If by chance you haven’t run across it before, please give it a try. It may well become your new go-to brownie recipe.
And I should mention…
My bf told me that he put a small piece of brownie and some brown sugar in his oatmeal this morning and stirred it all up. He said he was inspired by chocolate-oatmeal stout. Sounds interesting. Anyone else tried this?
New to Cheap Recipe Blog? Get updates and new recipes by liking my Facebook page!
Brown Butter-Almond Brownies Recipe
Yield: 16 brownies
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, chilled
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line an 8x8 inch glass baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place butter in a skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until butter foams and begins to brown. You'll know when it's done browning when the butter stops foaming. Be careful not to heat too long or the butter will burn. Remove from heat.
- Pour butter into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, cocoa powder, water, and vanilla. Stir well. Let mixture sit for about 5 minutes to cool. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Add flour and stir mixture 60 times. Add chopped almonds.
- Place brownie batter into prepared pan. Place in oven on center rack and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean. Allow to cool. Remove brownies by lifting foil out of pan. Cut and serve.