50 Cheap Recipes for the 4th of July

50 cheap recipes for the 4th of July

What are you eating for the 4th of July? It’s one of the most fun holidays in terms of food – don’t you agree? Independence Day is all about eating outdoors, grilling, icy drinks, cold salads, and red, white, and blue dishes.

Even if you’re not celebrating the 4th, don’t despair. Lots of these recipes are ones that you can enjoy all summer, no matter where you’re from. Consider this the ultimate list of cheap summer recipes.

Fifty Cheap Recipes for the 4th of July

You don’t have to spend a lot of money to enjoy great food this summer. Here are 50 unique and budget-friendly recipes that I think you’ll love. Some are from my blog, some are from blogs that I follow, and some were found on Pinterest. As always, please feel free to add your own ideas by leaving a comment below.

Red, White, and Blue Recipes

Summery Drinks

Sangria slushies recipe

Sangria slushies

Grilling

Barbecue sweet corn recipe

BBQ sweet corn

Salads

Spicy cornbread salad recipe

Spicy cornbread salad

Desserts

Miscellaneous Recipes

Build your own hot dog bar

DIY hot dog bar

Is one of your recipes listed here? Please share the love and pin this post. And if you don’t already, please follow Cheap Recipe Blog on Pinterest and Facebook!

Pin It

13 Responses to “50 Cheap Recipes for the 4th of July”

Eileen — June 28, 2013 @ 5:33 am

What a great list! Potato salad is definitely on my list of must-haves for the 4th. I want some of those bourbon baked beans too…although I don’t know if I’d be able to actually summon the willpower to turn on the oven just now. :) It will happen eventually, though!

• Haley replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 5:03 pm

I try to avoid using the oven in the summer… but those beans had to make the list!

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — June 28, 2013 @ 11:57 am

Thanks for the link back! It is difficult to keep meals inexpensive, especially when entertaining guests, but these ideas are perfect!

• Haley replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 5:03 pm

I was so inspired looking through everyone’s sites for ideas!

Faith — June 28, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

What a beautiful roundup – so many great ideas here! Thank you so much for including a link to my Strawberry Soup!

• Haley replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

Thanks Faith! I really enjoyed being part of the prop swap, by the way :)

Kathy — June 28, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

What a great list Haley! I love entertaining for parties in the summer. It’s so much fun to grill out!

Alyssa (Everyday Maven) — June 28, 2013 @ 6:08 pm

Hi Haley! Thanks for including my chicken recipe :) That one is actually roasted in the oven. I do have a bunch of great grilling ones though – this is perfect for July 4th – http://www.everydaymaven.com/2012/herb-marinated-grilled-chicken/

Have a great weekend!

• Haley replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 6:41 pm

Oops – my bad! I’ll put it in the “miscellaneous” section. It looks so delicious :)

JP — July 2, 2013 @ 5:55 pm

I have a 4th party this Friday, a bridal shower next month, my daughter’s birthday in September. Then comes Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, … With so many parties your blog is going to be a wallet saver! The BBQ chicken salad sounds great!

Baltic Maid — July 8, 2013 @ 7:06 pm

What a lovely list of recipes. Thank you for including my recipe.

Annie — July 8, 2013 @ 8:12 pm

Some of these may show up at my backyard birthday BBQ this weekend! :)

• Haley replied: — July 9th, 2013 @ 3:06 am

Awesome! Can’t wait to see what you come up with :)