50 Cheap Recipes for the 4th of July

The 4th of July is one of the most fun holidays in terms of food – don’t you agree?

Independence Day is all about eating outdoors, grilling, icy drinks, cold salads, and red, white, and blue dishes.

Even if you’re not celebrating the 4th, don’t despair. Lots of these recipes are ones that you can enjoy all summer, no matter where you’re from.

Consider this the ultimate list of cheap summer recipes.

Get 50 cheap recipes for the 4th of July!

50 Cheap Recipes for the 4th of July

Red, White, and Blue Recipes

Summery Drinks

Sangria slushies recipe

Grilling

Summery Salads

Spicy cornbread salad. It's shockingly delicious. Click through for recipe.

4th of July Desserts

Fruit pizza recipe

Miscellaneous Recipes

Build your own hot dog bar

Last but not least: Pin this post to save it for later!

14 Responses to “50 Cheap Recipes for the 4th of July”

Eileen — June 28, 2013 @ 5:33 am

What a great list! Potato salad is definitely on my list of must-haves for the 4th. I want some of those bourbon baked beans too…although I don’t know if I’d be able to actually summon the willpower to turn on the oven just now. 🙂 It will happen eventually, though!

• Haley replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 5:03 pm

I try to avoid using the oven in the summer… but those beans had to make the list!

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — June 28, 2013 @ 11:57 am

Thanks for the link back! It is difficult to keep meals inexpensive, especially when entertaining guests, but these ideas are perfect!

• Haley replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 5:03 pm

I was so inspired looking through everyone’s sites for ideas!

Faith — June 28, 2013 @ 12:16 pm

What a beautiful roundup – so many great ideas here! Thank you so much for including a link to my Strawberry Soup!

• Haley replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 5:02 pm

Thanks Faith! I really enjoyed being part of the prop swap, by the way 🙂

Kathy — June 28, 2013 @ 5:12 pm

What a great list Haley! I love entertaining for parties in the summer. It’s so much fun to grill out!

Alyssa (Everyday Maven) — June 28, 2013 @ 6:08 pm

Hi Haley! Thanks for including my chicken recipe 🙂 That one is actually roasted in the oven. I do have a bunch of great grilling ones though – this is perfect for July 4th – http://www.everydaymaven.com/2012/herb-marinated-grilled-chicken/

Have a great weekend!

• Haley replied: — June 28th, 2013 @ 6:41 pm

Oops – my bad! I’ll put it in the “miscellaneous” section. It looks so delicious 🙂

JP — July 2, 2013 @ 5:55 pm

I have a 4th party this Friday, a bridal shower next month, my daughter’s birthday in September. Then comes Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, … With so many parties your blog is going to be a wallet saver! The BBQ chicken salad sounds great!

Baltic Maid — July 8, 2013 @ 7:06 pm

What a lovely list of recipes. Thank you for including my recipe.

Annie — July 8, 2013 @ 8:12 pm

Some of these may show up at my backyard birthday BBQ this weekend! 🙂

• Haley replied: — July 9th, 2013 @ 3:06 am

Awesome! Can’t wait to see what you come up with 🙂

Karen Harris — June 29, 2015 @ 5:55 pm

Thanks for including my French style hot dog in this delicious group. Great roundup of super approachable, super fun holiday recipes.