Thin Crust Bagel Pizza RecipeYum
Don’t get me wrong: bagel pizzas are delicious. But they have a tendency to be really heavy and really bready. Which I why I recently tried experimenting with a “thin crust” bagel pizza.
Basically, instead of cutting a bagel in half, you cut it into thirds. This makes for a thinner and crispier crust. When I went to pick up bagels, I had a worker cut it into thirds for me. Mostly because I’ve had one too many close calls when cutting a bagel.
I bought a sesame seed bagel and an everything bagel. Both were delicious, but any savory bagel will do.
Cheap recipe tip: If you’re really looking to save money, buy day-old bagels, which are usually half price. Since you’re baking them anyway, it doesn’t matter if the bagel is slightly dried out.
If you like thin crust pizza and don’t feel like making your own crust, give these a try. And don’t limit yourself to traditional or bagel pizzas. There are all types of alternative pizza crust options, from tortilla shells to English muffins to pita bread.
If you’re new to my blog, you should like my Facebook page. I promise I won’t flood your feed with annoying posts. Just new recipe updates and interesting food-related findings from around the web.
Thin Crust Bagel Pizza Recipe
Yield: 6 thin crust bagel pizzas
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 2 savory bagels, cut in thirds
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese (Your choice. I used shredded Mexican blend and Parmesan.)
- 1/2 cup pizza toppings (Your choice. I used spinach, tomato, green pepper, hot chili peppers, and green onions.)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Pour a bit of olive oil on each bagel slice. Cut the garlic clove and half and rub on the bagel. Top each bagel slice with cheese and desired toppings.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bagel is lightly toasted.