Mango Chicken Naan Pizza
I have international flavors on my mind, just in time for the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival (one of my favorite events of the year) and an upcoming trip to Ireland. I find a pizza crust to be the perfect palette for experimenting with new and interesting toppings and sauces. Thinking outside of the box (and beyond borders) when it comes to pizza flavors usually leads to something delicious.
- Naan bread (4 pieces) = $4 (I bought a bag of 5 frozen naan breads for $5)
- Rotisserie chicken (1/4 white) = $2.99
- Mango = $.99
- Cheese = $1.75
- Honey and curry = $.60
Total cost for entire recipe: $10.33
Total cost per pizza: $2.58
This pizza would be even cheaper if you cook your own chicken at home. I opted to use rotisserie chicken, just for the convenience factor.
The best part of using naan bread (or other alternative crust) to make pizza? You easily make homemade pizza any time without having to make crust from scratch. With a ready-made crust (like naan bread, pita bread or a tortilla shell), we’re talking 15 minutes start to finish. Gotta love that.
Mango Chicken Naan Bread Pizza Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 12 min
- 4 pieces naan bread
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango chunks, patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped green onions, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F. Mix honey and curry powder together and spread evenly on top of naan bread. Cut mango chunks into bite-sized pieces. Top each naan bread with chicken, mango, and cheese.
- Place naan bread pieces on a large baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until bread is golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven, top with green onions, and serve.