Mango Chicken Wontons
I’m on a mango chicken kick. This is the third mango-chicken inspired recipe that I have posted in the last few months. Things are getting crazy around here! The other two are:
There’s just something about the sweet + spicy + savory combination that I can’t get enough of. I hope you feel the same way, because if the trend continues, I will be posting more mango chicken recipes in the future!
How To Assemble Mango Chicken Wontons
Follow the numbers in the photo below. Use one heaping teaspoon of filling per wonton wrapper. Seal edges of the wonton wrapper with a bit of water.
Mango Dipping Sauce Recipe
I made a makeshift dipping sauce to use up the remaining mango. Feel free to substitute another kind of dipping sauce (sweet chili sauce comes to mind), or eat your wontons au natural.
- 1 cup chopped mango (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeño pepper
Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally. Using an immersion blender, process until pureed. Allow to cool before serving.
Mango Chicken Wontons
Yield: 16 wontons
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 cup chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 wonton wrappers
- Cooking oil, for frying
- Filling: Mix chicken, cream cheese, mango, and garlic powder together in a small mixing bowl. Assemble wontons using photo (above) as a guide. Use one heaping teaspoon of filling per wonton. Seal the edges of the wonton wrapper with a bit of water. Lay wontons aside and cover with a damp paper towel to keep from drying out.
- Frying: Once all of the wons are assembled, prepare to fry. Heat a few tablespoons of cooking oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. You will know that the oil is hot enough when the edge of a wonton wrapper dipped in the oil sizzles. Fry a few wontons at a time, about one minute on each side. Place wontons on a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess oil. Serve hot, with mango dipping sauce.
Try this similar recipe: Buffalo chicken wontons (bontons)Yum