How To Freeze Fresh Fruit
It’s the peak of summer. Now is the perfect time to stock up on the freshest, juiciest fruits of the season and freeze them for use this fall and winter. And fruit is at its cheapest when it is at its freshest.
While freezing fruit certainly isn’t rocket science, there are a few tips and methods to keep in mind to ensure that you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
- Read my article on BettyCrocker.com: How to freeze fresh fruit
How To Use Frozen Fruit
Frozen fruit is incredibly versatile. Here are some of my favorite ways to use it:
Add frozen fruit to sparkling water for a refreshing beverage
Add frozen blueberries and strawberries to ricotta. Serve with biscuits.
- Make frozen fruit smoothies
- Make homemade pie
- Make fruit sauce and use as a pancake topping
- Add frozen berries to quick breads or muffins
- Mix frozen fruit into yogurt
- Top crepes with frozen fruit
The options are endless. Please feel free to share your own ideas below.