Sauteed Cherry And Goat Cheese Toasts
I’m all about “fancy” appetizers that take 5 minutes to throw together and don’t cost a lot of money.
I recently bought a big container of cherries from Trader Joe’s. As much as I love snacking on fresh cherries, I couldn’t finish the entire container before the expiration date. So I decided to make these lovely little toasts. Totally last minute and totally thrown together.
These little appetizers are perfectly balanced: Sweetness from the cherries, creaminess from the goat cheese, tang from the balsamic vinegar, and crunch from the crostini.
Crostini are the perfect canvas for all types of toppings. Just start with crostini, add some soft cheese (ricotta or goat work well), and get creative with your toppings:
Here’s to easy appetizers that scream fancy.
Want more? Follow along on Instagram for more ideas and inspiration.
Sauteed Cherry and Goat Cheese Toasts
Yield: 10 toasts
Total Time: 15 min
- 1 small loaf crusty French bread
- Olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pits removed
- Balsamic vinegar
- Make a batch of crostini using this recipe.
- Top each slice of toasted bread with a bit of goat cheese.
- Cut cherries in half. Saute cherries in a bit of olive oil for 1 minute, just until the cherries begin to soften. Remove from pan. Place two to three cherry halves on each piece of bread. Drizzle with a bit of balsamic vinegar and serve.