Customizable Chocolate Bites (Made In An Ice Cube Tray)
What’s better than plain chocolate? Chocolate with lots of yummy add-ins, that’s what!
This is a simple and fun recipe that is completely customizable. Like your chocolate with cayenne pepper and coconut flakes? Go for it. Goji berries and cacao nibs? Give it a try!
These make a great little gift. Go nuts (literally) and make your recipient a batch of customized chocolates.
- Dried blueberries and granola
- Dried strawberries and banana chips
- Cacao nibs, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper
- Pretzels and sea salt flakes
Try a similar recipe: Chocolate-covered strawberries (also made in an ice cube tray)
Customizable Chocolate Bites
Yield: 12 chocolate bites
Total Time: 60 min
- 6 ounces chocolate (dark or milk, your choice)
- Optional add-ins: Coconut, candied ginger, dried cranberries, raisins, currants, nuts, seeds, cacao nibs, banana chips, potato chips
- Optional spices: Cinnamon, cayenne pepper, sea salt, mint, cardamom, nutmeg
- Break chocolate up into small pieces. Melt chocolate in a double broiler, stirring until smooth.
- Remove chocolate from heat. Add desired add-ins and spices.
- Spoon chocolate into ice cube trays. Place extra add-ins on top for visual appeal. Place ice cube tray in fridge to cool for at least an hour.
- To remove from tray, simply grab both ends of the tray and turn slowly in opposite directions - just like you do to remove ice cubes from the tray.