Salad On Bread: Watermelon, Feta & Arugula
I love a good salad.
But after eating salad for a meal, I’m often left in that “not quite satisfied” place that leads to heavy snacking two hours later.
Serving salad on bread. It’s a cheap and easy way to make your salad more filling – and interesting.
Salad On Bread: The Bread
What kind of bread should you serve salad on? Here are some ideas:
No matter what bread you use, make sure it’s toasted or grilled with plenty of olive oil on top.
Bread gets a bad rap – and maybe you’re not looking to add any more bread into your diet.
In that case, save this idea for entertaining. Serving salad on top of bread is a chic and budget-friendly idea. Your guests will gush!
Watermelon, Feta & Arugula Salad
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 10 min
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup watermelon, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- Bread of your choice (see above)
- Whisk dressing ingredients together until it emulsifies and thickens.
- Toss salad ingredients together with dressing.
- Serve on top of bread of choice.