Roasted Garbanzo Beans Recipe
Roasted garbanzo beans are extremely affordable and can be seasoned in so many different ways. The key to making them extra crunchy and delicious is to roast them long enough. See recipe notes, below.
These roasted garbanzo beans (a.k.a. roasted chickpeas) are easy to make, healthy, satisfying, and cost about one dollar to make.
I like this recipe because it’s a great alternative to expensive store-bought snack mixes. And it’s much healthier. Garbanzo beans are full of protein and fiber.
Roasted garbanzo beans are nothing like canned garbanzo beans. Once roasted, they turn out very crunchy and light. There are a perfect on-the-go snack, whether you’re taking your kids to school or traveling by plane.
You might want to make more than one batch, because they take a long time to bake. And because you’ll probably eat them all in one sitting.
Important Recipe Note For Crunchy Garbanzo Beans
Roasted garbanzo beans have to be baked long enough to get crunchy. Take your batch out at the 35-minute mark (see recipe, below) and try one. If it’s not completely crunchy in the middle, continue roasting until it is.
Love Roasted Garbanzo Beans? Try These Similar Recipes:
Get the recipe: Honey-roasted garbanzo beans
Get the recipe: Roasted edamame
Get the recipe: Roasted kidney beans
Use Your Roasted Garbanzo Beans In These Recipes
Get the recipe: Spiced Chickpea and Sweet Potato Taco Salad Bowls
Get the recipe: Roasted Cauliflower, Grape, and Chickpea Bowls
- 15.5 ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F. Drain garbanzo beans and rinse with cold water. Remove excess water by patting with a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl, coat beans with olive oil. Add spices and mix well. Spread out on a large baking sheet. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or more, or until garbanzo beans are completely dried and crunchy.