Fruit Pizza Recipe
Sometimes I go years without making some of my favorite recipes. Like this one: fruit pizza.
Throughout my entire childhood, Sunday nights were (extended) family night. My entire family would gather at my grandparents’ house – which was just a few blocks away.
We would enjoy meal together (most likely potluck), play board games and writing games, and finish the night with something sweet.
My grandma would often make fruit pizza. It was always a treat, and we always finished every last bite.
Here’s the whole group of us, circa 2002, when both my grandparents were still living. I wouldn’t doubt that we enjoyed fruit pizza this very night!
About The Recipe
Depending on what fruit you use, this can be a really cheap recipe.
Choose seasonal fruit to top your pizza, or use everyday cheap fruit such as grapes, bananas, kiwi, mandarin oranges, or apples.
Using frozen fruit is also a good money-saving option. Just remember to let the fruit thaw, and drain any excess water before placing on pizza.
Mix it up: Try making individual fruit pizzas. Start by making large cookies out of the cookie dough, top with cream cheese mixture and fruit.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 12-inch pizza pan.
- If using refrigerated sugar cookie dough: Remove sugar cookie dough from package and press evenly onto pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookie crust is golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- If making from-scratch fruit pizza crust: Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Gradually combine butter mixture and flour mixture just until blended. Press dough onto prepared pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- To make frosting: In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Spread onto cookie crust. Top with your choice of fruit.