Crispy Smashed Potatoes Recipe
Some of the recipes I post on this blog are things that I cooked a long time ago.
Tonight, I was sorting through old food photos and stumbled upon this recipe for crispy smashed potatoes – and I’m so happy to rediscover it!
You see, I’m a hardcore potato lover. Baked, mashed, boiled, fried, I’m always looking for new ways to prepare them. When I discovered this recipe for crash hot potatoes from Pioneer Woman, it was love at first bite.
These potatoes are par cooked before they’re baked at a high temperature (450F), so the end product is a potato that is soft in the middle and crispy on the outside. I brushed each potato with a little pesto before baking to add flavor.
For the cheap recipe lover, potatoes are the jackpot. They’re super economical, nutritious, and can be prepared in countless ways. If you’re a potato lover like me, you need to try this recipe tonight. I’m quite certain you’ll love these as much as I did!
More Potato Recipes
Here are some similar potato recipes you might like:
- Super crispy oven-roasted breakfast potatoes
- Bacon-jalapeno twice-baked potatoes
- French onion-roasted potatoes
- New potatoes
- Olive oil
- Fine grain sea salt
- Pesto (or fresh herbs, spices or seasonings)
- Boil a pot of salted water. Add potatoes and cook until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Drizzle olive oil over a large baking sheet. Place potatoes on the baking sheet. Gently press down on each potato with a potato masher or fork to flatten. Rotate half way and press down on potato again. Drizzle each potato generously with olive oil. Brush on a bit of pesto or sprinkle with spices and salt.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are nicely browned and crispy.