Oven-Baked Parmesan Green Bean Fries
Looking for a new and delicious way to eat green beans? Try these green bean fries!
They take about 10 minutes to prep. Here’s the process:
- Coat the green beans in an egg mixture
- Dip in seasoned Parmesan cheese mixture
- Bake until crisp
See? You can do this! Tonight!
Recipe Tips And Ideas
Type of green beans: If you can find haricot verts instead of green beans (the thinner, leaner cousin of the traditional green bean), buy them. They will cook faster and get crispier. I found haricot verts at Trader Joe’s.
Save the green bean ends: Save other vegetable scraps as you accumulate them – and make a batch of homemade vegetable broth.
Try this similar recipe: Almond-crusted turmeric green bean fries. This recipe is Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
Whole30 and Paleo variation: These fries are gluten-free, Whole30 and Paleo approved if you use vegan Parmesan cheese.
Like what you see? Want more cheap recipes that are easy to make and taste great? Get all this and more by following me on Instagram!
- 1 pound haricot verts (or green beans) with ends removed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (use vegan Parmesan for paleo and Whole30 diets)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat the top of a flat baking sheet with a bit of olive oil.
- Combine beaten egg with spices in a small mixing bowl. Place Parmesan cheese in another bowl.
- Place a few beans in the egg mixture at a time. Remove beans from egg batter and let excess batter drip off.
- Dip each green bean in Parmesan cheese and place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining green beans.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until cheese is lightly toasted brown. Serve with ranch dressing, sriracha-mayo or your favorite dipping sauce.