The California roll is the “gateway roll” for many into a world of sushi. And it’s easy to see why:
- The ingredients are simple: Crab, cucumber, avocado, rice, and seaweed.
- There is no raw seafood, making the California roll ideal for those who are hesitant to eat or make raw seafood sushi.
- No raw fish needed also eliminates the need to track down sushi grade fish – something inaccessible to many.
- California rolls are typically one of the cheapest sushi rolls on menus and in the grocery store.
- California rolls are simple and delicious.