English Muffin Pizza Recipe
I’m sure you’ve all heard of or made English muffin pizzas before. But as simple or obvious as this recipe seems, sometimes we need a good reminder of the unfussy classics.
Sometimes you don’t have time or the right ingredients to make an elaborate meal.
When this happens, it’s good to have something simple and inexpensive to fall back on.
Healthy, Cheap, and Kid-Friendly Pizza? Yes, Yes, and Yes!
If you’re crazy about pizza like I am, but can’t justify eating it as much as you’d like, this is a great recipe for you.
I used 100% whole wheat English muffins, lots of fresh vegetables, and a tablespoon or so of cheese on each mini pizza.
Considering each English muffin half had 60 calories, the shredded cheese about 40 calories, and the rest of the ingredients were vegetables or vegetable-based, I’m guessing each pizza had about 150 calories. This is not scientific, but it’s my best guess.
Besides being healthy, these pizzas are also super cheap. Depending on your toppings, it’s easy to keep each of these pizzas under $1.00 to make.
These pizzas are also kid-friendly. Have your children create their own pizzas, and get creative with the toppings.
Other Alternative Pizza Crust Options
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon desired sauce per pizza (tomato sauce, marinara, sweet chili sauce, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons desired pizza toppings (I used sliced mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and kalamata olives)
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F. Top each English muffin half with sauce, desired toppings, and cheese.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and English muffin is slightly toasted.