I’m a Midwestern girl, and corn recipes are near and dear to my heart.
This sweet corn spoon bread is hands down one of the best corn-based recipes I’ve had. (This Chilean corn casserole is right up there too!)
This spoon bread is similar to cornbread – except richer and more dense. The perfect match for a spoon.
- This corn dish is a great side dish for Thanksgiving dinner. You can omit the garlic and jalapeno if you’re planning on serving this for Thanksgiving (or similar) meal.
- This spoon bread also great as a side to a bowl of chili or soup. Treat it like cornbread, but serve it with a spoon!
- Add some bacon bits to the batter before baking.
- Top with hot sauce.
Sweet Corn Spoon Bread
Yield: 10 servings
Prep Time:15 min
Cook Time:35 min
- 8.5 ounce package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 15.25 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 14.75 ounce can cream style corn
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F. In a large mixing bowl, mix corn muffin mix and melted butter. Next, stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Add eggs, corn, garlic powder, and jalapeno.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish (or 9 x 13-inch cake pan). Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until spoon bread is firm.