Hawaiian Pizza (With a Cauliflower Crust)
I’m going to make this short and sweet, because I think this pizza speaks for itself: It’s a twist on classic Hawaiian pizza, made healthy with a cauliflower crust. This recipe is gluten-free with a Paleo-friendly option.
And it’s loaded with toppings.
A few notes:
- The cauliflower crust is baked for 18 to 20 minutes before toppings are added.
- The toppings are fried in a frying pan before being placed on the pizza crust.
- For Paleo diets, omit mozzarella cheese.
- Get the Paleo cauliflower pizza crust recipe.
Follow along on Instagram! Get recipe sneak peeks and photo updates for your viewing pleasure.
- 1 recipe cauliflower pizza crust
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 strips bacon, crumbled (or purchase from the grocery store salad bar)
- 2 Canadian bacon rounds, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup pineapple chunks (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- Chives, for topping
- Olive oil
- Make one cauliflower pizza crust.
- While pizza crust is baking, place bacon, Canadian bacon, pineapple, red pepper, and onion in a large frying pan. Fry in olive oil over medium-high heat for a few minutes, until ingredients begin to brown.
- When pizza crust is done baking, turn on the broiler. Top the pizza crust with cheese and sauteed toppings. Heat pizza in broiler for a minute or so, just long enough to melt the cheese and heat the toppings. Top with chopped chives and serve.