Parmesan Almond Crusted Chicken Bites Recipe
So often, I find chicken to be dry and lacking in flavor.
But few weeks ago, my friend Jillian brought this flavorful chicken dish to a picnic – and by doing so, made me excited about a chicken recipe for the first time in a long time.
About The Recipe: Parmesan Almond-Crusted Chicken Bites
These chicken bites are along the lines of a homemade chicken nugget, but without all the questionable ingredients.
Your kids will love them. But with a crunchy almond and Parmesan crust, you’ll love them too.
They’re baked, not fried, so you can feel good about feeding these to your whole family.
They’re low carb and keto-friendly.
A Little Chicken Goes A Long Way
I made these the other night when I had guests over. I used six chicken breasts to feed 11 people – and that was more than enough. I suggest using two chicken breasts to feed four people (assuming you’re also making side dishes).
Essential Chicken Recipes
When it comes to chicken recipes, I feel like there are a few essential recipes every home cook should master. They are:
- Baked chicken thighs that are flavorful and juicy on inside, but have an irresistibly crispy outer crust
- Homemade chicken nuggets
- A simple pan-fried chicken breast recipe (this one has a honey-curry glaze, but you can easily swap it for another sauce)
- Homemade fried chicken
- A whole roasted chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Slice chicken breasts in half the long way. Cut each half into three strips and cut each strip into thirds. For each chicken breast, you should get approximately 18 individual, bite-sized pieces.
- Place Parmesan cheese and almonds into a blender or food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Add paprika and desired spices. Place in a small bowl.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. To prepare chicken bites, dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture. Let any excess drip off. Next, dip the chicken piece into the Parmesan-almond mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.