Parmesan Almond Crusted Chicken Bites Recipe
My blog has been live over 10 months now, and this is the first chicken recipe I’ve posted. It’s been a long time coming – I know.
The truth is, I have sort of a love-hate relationship with chicken. So often, I find chicken to be dry and lacking in flavor. And therefore, it’s rare for me to get excited about it.
A few weeks ago, my friend Jillian brought this flavorful chicken dish to a picnic – and by doing so, made me excited about a chicken recipe for the first time in a long time.
These chicken bites are along the lines of a homemade chicken nugget, but without all the questionable ingredients.
Your kids will love them. But with a crunchy almond and Parmesan crust, you’ll love them too.
They’re baked, not fried, so you can feel good about feeding these to your whole family.
They’re low carb and keto-friendly.
I made these the other night when I had guests over. I used six chicken breasts to feed 11 people – and that was more than enough. I suggest using two chicken breasts to feed four people (assuming you’re also making side dishes).
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Slice chicken breasts in half the long way. Cut each half into three strips and cut each strip into thirds. For each chicken breast, you should get approximately 18 individual, bite-sized pieces.
- Place Parmesan cheese and almonds into a blender or food processor. Pulse until finely ground. Add paprika and desired spices. Place in a small bowl.
- Beat egg in a small bowl. To prepare chicken bites, dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture. Let any excess drip off. Next, dip the chicken piece into the Parmesan-almond mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet. Repeat.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving.