BBQ Sweet Corn Recipe
Seriously guys, this recipe is the real deal.
Just when you thought it wasn’t possible, grilled sweet corn got even better.
Try this BBQ sweet corn once and you’ll be hooked. Enjoy this recipe while sweet corn is fresh and at its sweetest.
How Is This Sweet Corn Different?
So you’re all familiar with grilling sweet corn. It’s one hundred times better than cooking it in water.
Typically, you wait until the corn is cooked on the grill before buttering and flavoring it.
But this particular method has you adding butter and seasonings before the corn hits the grill.
Grilling the corn with a flavored butter mixture brushed on (as opposed to buttering and seasoning the corn after it’s grilled) really gives it a distinct smoky, barbecued flavor. The flavor just kind of seeps right in.
So it’s sweet, salty, spicy, and juicy all in one. Like I said before, it doesn’t get any better than this.
I discovered this recipe on Pinterest, but the original recipe comes from Eat Drink Daily. They suggest serving it with cilantro and lime wedges.
To make this recipe, start out by making a batch of sweet and spicy meat rub (recipe below). If you have extra, package it up and give it as a gift!
More Great Sweet Corn Recipes
- 8 sweet corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- 1/2 stick softened butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet and spicy meat rub (recipe below)
- Break sweet corn into halves or thirds, whichever you prefer. Place in a large saucepan filled with water and bring to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Combine butter and meat rub.
- Preheat grill. Place corn pieces directly on grill. Brush tops with butter mixture. Wait a few minutes, rotate, and butter the other side. The corn should cook in about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar (or Sugar In The Raw), blended until fine
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place spice mix into individual containers and seal.