Cheesy Corn Hotdish
Growing up in rural Minnesota, hotdish was a frequent and much-loved meal. My mom had a rotation of 3 or 4 hotdish recipes that she would cycle through. We loved them all.
This particular recipe was not part of our rotation.
But I wish it had been.
I tried this cheesy corn hotdish for the first time at a church potluck. (Thanks, Angie, for sharing your recipe!)
About The Recipe: Cheesy Corn Hotdish
- It takes 5 minutes to prep: The best thing about this hotdish? It’s CRAZY easy to make. There are only 5 ingredients. You don’t have to precook the pasta. You literally combine everything in one bowl and bake it for 45 minutes. YOU CAN DO THIS!
- It’s vegetarian: This hotdish doesn’t have any meat in it. While you certainly could add some ground beef, chicken or even ring bologna, I think it’s absolutely delicious without.
- Toppings optional: I topped this hotdish with some chopped red bell pepper and bacon – but this is totally optional. The hotdish is awesome without any toppings.
- It’s cheap: Canned corn, butter, pasta, and Velveeta cheese. These are the only ingredients in this hotdish!
There are probably thousands of different hotdish/casserole recipes out there. I urge you to give this gem a try.
More Hotdish Recipes
These hotdish recipes are everything hotdish recipes should be: Cheap, easy, and crowd-pleasing:
- Tuna noodle hotdish
- Chow mein noodle hotdish
- Three-bean hotdish
- Ring bologna hotdish
- Get 30+ hotdish recipes
- 1 can whole kernel corn with liquid (15.25 ounces)
- 1 can creamed corn (14.75 ounces)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- Toppings (optional): Red bell pepper, green onions, and bacon bits
- Mix all ingredients in an oven-safe bowl or casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes