Cheesy Keto Broccoli-Cauliflower Tots
Broccoli and cauliflower are the not-so hidden ingredients in these addictive veggie tots.
We all know that broccoli and cauliflower are healthy, nutrient-dense foods.
But in my opinion, eating these vegetables steamed, boiled or even raw leaves a lot to be desired.
That’s why these broccoli-cauliflower tots are so great. They’re legit delicious. I couldn’t stop eating them!
What’s more? They’re keto-friendly and low carb.
How To Make Broccoli-Cauliflower Tots
Here’s the process, in a nutshell:
- Raw broccoli and cauliflower are par-cooked (save your broccoli stalks for these cheesy broccoli chips)
- Veggies are pulsed in the food processor until finely chopped
- Veggies are placed in cheesecloth or a dish towel, and excess water is squeezed out
- Veggies are mixed with remaining ingredients, shaped into tots, and baked
You can do this!
Scroll down for the detailed recipe.
Any tot is better with a great dipping sauce.
Ketchup is a perfectly fine option for these broccoli-cauliflower tots.
But if you want to experiment with something different, try:
Eating lots of vegetables is easy – you just have to prepare them deliciously.
Got leftovers? Pop these in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
Not a broccoli fan? Try these cheesy keto cauliflower tots.
- 12-ounce bag mixed broccoli & cauliflower pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cheddar cheese powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add broccoli/cauliflower mixture. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer broccoli and cauliflower to a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is finely minced and no large pieces remain.
- Place broccoli/cauliflower mixture in a cheesecloth or thin dishtowel, and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, cheese, and spices. Mix well.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Take a scant tablespoon of the mixture and form into a coin. Place on parchment paper. Repeat with remaining mixture. Once complete, drizzle with olive oil or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 22 minutes, or until broccoli-cauliflower tots are golden brown.