Cheesy Keto Cauliflower Tots
Testimonial: I have made these keto cauliflower tots three times in the last 10 days. They’re THAT good… trust me!
These snacks are a healthier, low carb version of tator tots.
Instead of potatoes, these are made with cauliflower. And instead of deep frying, they’re baked.
Additionally, they are are super cheesy.
And they only take about 15 minutes of prep + 20 minutes to bake.
Truly… You need to make these today!
Cheesy Keto Cauliflower Tots: Recipe Tips
- Use frozen riced cauliflower: While you certainly can use fresh cauliflower, using frozen riced cauliflower is much easier. There’s less mess. And it saves major time!
- The shape of the tot: For more even and consistent cooking, I made these tots into coin shapes instead of traditional barrel shapes. If a coin-shaped tator tot is a deal breaker for you, feel free to try the traditional shape.
- The sauce: I tried several different sauces to dip these in, but kept going back to ketchup. Check out these 25+ dipping sauce ideas and let me know what kind you prefer.
- Got leftovers? You will probably eat all of these in one sitting. But if not, these make great leftovers! Simply reheat in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil.
Want cheesy bacon tots? Add some chopped bacon to make cheesy bacon cauliflower tots. You can often purchase ready-cooked, chopped bacon from the grocery store salad bar.
Paleo-friendly option: Omit cheese altogether or use a dairy-free cheese such as Daiya.
Check Out These Similar Recipes
- Cheesy cauliflower English muffins (great for breakfast sandwiches!)
- Paleo cauliflower pizza crust
- Paleo cauliflower rice pudding
- Roasted cauliflower and Greek yogurt dip
- Creole sweet potatoes
Did you make these tots? Be sure to tag #CheapRecipeBlog on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to show off your creation!
- 12 ounce bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Olive oil
- Place riced cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Allow to cool until safe to touch. Place cauliflower in a clean cheesecloth or thin dishtowel and squeeze as much water out as possible. Place cauliflower in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Beat the egg in the bowl. Mix well. The cauliflower mixture should be slightly moist, able to hold a shape. If the mixture is too dry to hold a shape, add a teaspoon of olive oil at a time until you can form it into a small round.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Take a scant tablespoon of the mixture and form into a thick coin. Repeat until all the mixture has been used. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until cauliflower tots are golden brown.