Roasted Cauliflower and Greek Yogurt Dip Recipe
I’m kind of a hoarder when it comes to magazines.
In the past few years, I’ve subscribed to Rachael Ray Magazine, Everyday Food (which was sadly discontinued), Martha Stewart Living, Real Simple, Cooking Light, and Food Network Magazine.
One of my favorite things to do is grab a cup of coffee at a bookstore coffee shop, and flip through a pile of magazines.
Magazines are my guilty pleasure, something that I read to clear my mind and get inspired.
A few months ago, I was flipping through Whole Living magazine and spotted a recipe for this awesome dip with a base of roasted cauliflower and Greek yogurt:
The ingredient list is pretty minimal, keeping the cost low. Just cauliflower and Greek yogurt, plus some spices and olive oil. The result is an incredibly smooth and creamy dip. Use it:
- As a dip for homemade crackers
- As a dip for fresh veggies
- As a sandwich spread
- Served with pita bread for a cheap appetizer
As for my magazine collection: I’m down to two subscriptions (Rachael Ray Magazine and Martha Stewart Living). In an effort to clean up clutter around my apartment, I sorted through old magazines and tore out recipes that looked interesting and low-cost. Then I put the magazines in the free pile at our annual garage sale.
Now about that cookbook collection…
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425F. Place cauliflower on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. Roast for about 25 minutes, until fork tender and lightly golden brown. Allow to cool
- Transfer cauliflower to a food processor and add garlic, yogurt, and lemon juice. Pulse until smooth.
Adapted from Whole Living Magazine