Do you like sandwiches – but not all the bread?
Classic sandwiches like reubens, club sandwiches, tuna melts, and BLTs are delicious – but also heavy on ingredients that many of us try to limit – namely bread.
If you’re a reuben fan who’s trying to limit carbs or cut back on bread, I have a treat for you: Reuben bowls.
Here’s the deal:
All the flavor components are there. The corned beef. The sauerkraut. The Swiss cheese. Even the taste of rye bread, compliments of caraway seeds.
I even added kettle chips, for some crunch and indulgence. (Feel free to leave it out if you’re not into kettle chips!)
Paleo, keto, and Whole30 diets: Top with this Thousand Island dressing, omit the sugar in the coleslaw, and omit the kettle chips.
Money-saving tip: This is a great recipe to use up leftover corned beef.
Make this recipe? Be sure to tag #CheapRecipeBlog on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter!
- 16 ounce bag cole slaw mix (cabbage & carrot mix)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
To assemble bowls
- 3 cups prepared corned beef, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- Handful of kettle chips per bowl
- 1/2 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Mix coleslaw ingredients together.
- Heat corned beef on the stovetop or microwave, until warmed through.
- Divide each ingredient among 4 bowls, side by side.
- Top with Thousand Island dressing and caraway seeds.