Sangria Slushies Recipe
I am thrilled to have one of my recipes featured in the summer issue of FoodieCrush Magazine!
I submitted a recipe for Sangria Slushies – a frozen take on the classic Spanish wine punch, inspired by a free sample I tried at a gift shop in Maine.
Yes, I had a free wine slushie sample at a gift shop – how awesome is that?
For this recipe, I used a $3.00 bottle of wine from Trader Joe’s. No need to buy anything too fancy, since fruit juice and sugar is added to the wine.
Get The Recipe At FoodieCrush.com
If you want the recipe for these icy, slushie treats (which you should definitely plan on making this weekend!), check out the latest issue of FoodieCrush Magazine. These need to chill for at least 12 hours, so be sure to plan ahead.
Check Out These Other Recipes Using Red Wine
- Juice from 3 to 4 lemons
- Juice from 2 large oranges
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 bottle dry red wine and equal amount of water (refill wine bottle for easy measuring)
- Fruit, for garnish (grapes, orange slices, strawberries, etc.)
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, orange juice, and sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar. Add wine and water. Mix, and pour mixture into individual glasses.
- Freeze for 12 hours, until completely frozen. Before serving, remove from freezer and allow to sit for a few minutes. Top with fruit garnish and serve.