Roasted Kidney Beans Recipe
By now, you’ve all tried roasted chickpeas. If you haven’t, you should. They’re crunchy, tasty, and totally satisfy snack cravings.
The final result? I think I like these as much – if not more – than roasted chickpeas.
What Do Roasted Kidney Beans Taste Like?
After roasting kidney beans for about 45 minutes, they became super crunchy and start splitting apart. Once they’re completely dried out and ready to eat, they pretty much melt in your mouth – as weird as that sounds.
Plus, the mixture of sweet brown sugar mixed, smoky paprika, and cayenne pepper was just perfect. (You can use this sweet and spicy meat rub or follow the recipe below). But I imagine pretty much any spice blend will work here.
I know we’re all looking for more healthy snack recipes. Add this one to your repertoire. I think you’re going to love it!
- 1 16-ounce can kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Drain and rinse kidney beans. Place on a paper towel to remove as much excess moisture as possible.
- Mix brown sugar and spices together. Set aside.
- Toss kidney beans with one tablespoon of olive oil. Place on a large baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Place hot kidney beans in a large mixing bowl. Pour in one tablespoon of olive oil. Shake the brown sugar/spice mixture over the kidney beans. Toss to evenly coat. Return kidney beans to baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes or so, or until beans are completely dried out and crunchy.