Crockpot Salsa Chicken
I’m finally sold on the idea of crock pot dinners (I know what you’re thinking: “What took you so long?”).
This recipe for crock pot salsa chicken was strangely easy. Considering how good it tasted, I would have expected it to complex and labor intensive. But that was simply not the case.
This recipe was inspired by Budget Byte’s slow cooker taco chicken bowls. The end result is an extremely flavorful shredded chicken that can be used in a variety of different ways (see below).
I’m still scratching my head, trying to figure out how something so delicious could be so easy to make. But I guess that’s just the nature of slow cooker meals!
- Make chicken salsa bowls with rice, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc. (pictured above)
- Make chicken nachos, adding cheese, pickled jalapeños, and other appropriate toppings
- Add to a taco salad
- Use in these enchilada stacks
- Make salsa chicken sliders
- Use as a filling for burritos, enchiladas or tacos
And don’t forget to freeze any leftovers. This chicken tastes great even after it’s been frozen and reheated.
But Wait, There’s More!
If you are interested in discovering more cheap recipe ideas that don’t taste cheap, if you know what I mean, please stay in touch via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest). I will keep you updated on the latest recipe posts and money-saving tips, without any spam or nonsense. I promise!