Chorizo Taco Salad
When’s the last time you got really excited about taco salad?
Has it been awhile?
If so, then I suggest you give this recipe a try.
How is this salad different? This taco salad uses Mexican-style chorizo instead of ground beef. I’ve never really cared for taco salads that use seasoned ground beef, so I decided to use chorizo instead. The chorizo gave this salad a totally different flavor.
I think you’re gonna love it.
Customize Your Salad
- Make it cheaper: Use what you have on hand. Raid your fridge, freezer, and pantry for salad ingredients.
- Make it vegetarian: Use Trader Joe’s Soy Chorizo instead of regular chorizo. It’s SO good – you must give it a try!
- Add more fiber: Trying to get more fiber in your diet? Try Beanitos chips. They’re made with beans and are really delicious – especially the flavored ones (like the sweet chili & sour cream). You can also double up on the kidney beans or add black beans to the salad. It’s totally customizable!
Looking for a salad that will fill you up? Try these meal-worthy choices:
- Indian-spiced chickpea and peanut salad
- Chicken BLT salad
- Spiced chickpea and sweet potato taco salad bowls
- Lentil, Feta, grape, and walnut salad
- Romaine lettuce
- Chorizo sausage, cooked (I used Soy Chorizo from Trader Joe's)
- Kidney beans
- Red bell pepper, chopped
- Diced cucumber
- Sweet corn
- Beanitos White Bean and Sweet Chili and Sour Cream chips (or tortilla chips)
- Ranch dressing
- Tomatillo salsa
- Sour cream
- Chopped scallions
- Prepare chorizo according to package directions.
- Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Otherwise, you can top romaine lettuce with each salad ingredient separately.