The $10 Food Day #4: Banana Sushi Rolls
How cute are these?
Don’t let the name – banana sushi rolls – scare you. There’s no raw fish or rice in these bite-sized treats. Just ingredients that taste amazing together: Bananas, chocolate, and peanut butter. Today, I’m featuring these as the snack portion of the $10 Food Day #4.
What Is The $10 Food Day?
A one-day meal plan to feed a family of four for less than $10. This is the final of four recipes in the $10 Food Day #4. Here are the others:
- Breakfast: Slow cooker apple oatmeal = $2.37
- Lunch: Creamy potato soup = $1.70
- Dinner: Bacon and veggie egg boats = $3.47
The total cost for all four recipes is $8.67. See below for the cost breakdown of these banana sushi rolls.
The Cost: Banana Sushi Rolls
- Bananas (2) = $.44
- Peanut butter (2 tablespoons) = $.19
- Toppings (price varies) = $.50 (approximately)
Total cost of recipe: $1.13
Sticking To a $10-a-Day Food Budget: The Strategy
If you are trying to reduce the amount you spend on food, start incorporating more bananas into your meals and snacks. Other cheap staples are potatoes, beans, rice, lentils, bread, eggs, oats, carrots, and corn.
Also, make sure you know what grocery stores have the best overall prices on food. Where you shop truly matters.
Want to save money on food? Start by exploring my previous $10 Food Day recipes, and be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest, where I frequently post and pin cheap recipes and money saving tips.
- 2 bananas
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- Toppings: Mini chocolate chips, chopped peanuts, and chia seeds
- Peel bananas and spread with peanut butter, leaving the bottom side of the banana bare. Sprinkle with toppings. Cut into 1/2 inch slices and serve.