Chewy Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps With Spiked Eggnog Glaze
Once again, I participated in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap. Why? Because I love cookies and I love getting packages in the mail. And the best part is that this event supports Cookies For Child Cancer.
The Cookies I Sent
Last year, I received a box of cookies from Meseidy @ The Noshery: Chewy chocolate chip gingersnaps with spiced rum glaze. I liked them so much that I made them for this year’s swap! (Recipe below). They’re soft, chewy, chocolaty, and very flavorful. I made a couple of small changes to the recipe, one being adding eggnog (vegan) to the glaze. I sent a box of these cookies to:
Last year I sent these chipotle almond chocolate biscotti.
The Cookies I Received
Few things are better than getting a box of homemade cookies in the mail. This year, I received:
- Deep dish peppermint hot cocoa cookies from Ashley @ Our Full Table – Your cookies were unique and delicious – love the deep dish idea! And thanks also for the paper straws from your Etsy store. How thoughtful!
- Graham cracker snickerdoodles from Ashley @ Big Flavors From a Tiny Kitchen – I loved your unique spin on snickerdoodles. Absolutely delicious!
- Polish teacakes (covered with pecans, filled with strawberry jam, and topped with buttercream) from Kat @ I Want Crazy Blog – These cookies are beautiful and delicious! I know my family is going to love them when I bring them home for Christmas.
Thank you each so much for the deliciousness! Because of you, I have all all my holiday cookie baking done. Now if you’ll excuse me while I go enjoy my cookies and a latte…
Chewy Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps With a Spiked Eggnog Glaze
Prep Time:15 min
Cook Time:10 min
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons eggnog (I used Silk Nog to avoid the raw egg risk)
- 2 tablespoon bourbon or spiced rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar on high until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well incorporated. Add molasses and mix to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated. Use a cookie scoop to measure the dough. Place cookie dough balls in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Place cookies on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar, eggnog, bourbon, and nutmeg. Add a bit more powdered sugar if necessary to achieve a glaze consistency. Put glaze on cooled cookies and enjoy!