Old Bay Cauliflower Tacos
I’m always on the lookout for cheap recipes that are also healthy.
There is a common misconception that you can’t eat frugally and healthily at the same time. It may be more difficult, but it’s certainly not impossible! Case in point, these cauliflower tacos.
These tacos are hearty, satisfying, vegetarian, healthy – and best of all, budget-friendly. We’re dealing with tortilla shells, cabbage, avocado, and cauliflower. All inexpensive ingredients that are combined creatively into one tasty dish.
The cauliflower is roasted with Old Bay seasoning, which is typically used as a flavoring for fish and seafood. This gives the cauliflower a familiar fish taco taste without tasting fishy, if that makes sense. For fish taco lovers – myself included – these vegetarian tacos totally satisfy.
Buy Old Bay Seasoning here:
Like what you see? Follow along on Instagram for more recipes, money-saving tips, and pretty photos.
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- Pinch of sugar
- 10 small corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- Roast cauliflower: Preheat oven to 400F. Toss cauliflower with olive oil and spices. Place cauliflower on a large baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes, until the cauliflower is lightly browned.
- Combine sauce ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Assemble tacos: Place a tablespoon of sauce on each tortilla shell. Top with cauliflower, avocado, and cabbage. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime and cilantro.