Gift-Worthy: DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub
What’s sugary, delicious-smelling, and makes your skin as soft as a baby’s bottom? This DIY gingerbread sugar scrub, of course!
This recipe in particular is a great gift for the holidays. It works really well at exfoliating, softening and moisturizing the skin, and smells like a gingerbread cookie because it contains:
- Pine and peppermint essential oil
- Ground ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg
Make a batch to give as a gift – and make a batch for yourself, too!
DIY Gifts From The Kitchen
A great way to save money around the holidays – and throughout the year too – is to make homemade gifts in the kitchen. While food gifts are great, don’t limit yourself to just those that are edible. Here are some other homemade gifts to consider making:
- Pumpkin spice sugar scrub
- Lemon-sugar hand scrub
- Lemon skin balm
- Homemade Vaseline (+ tinted lip balm)
- Homemade solid perfume
Like what you see? Be sure to follow along on Instagram for photos, new post/recipe notifications, and other good stuff.
- 1 cup coarse turbinado sugar (like Sugar In The Raw)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 drops pine essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and add extra essential oil and spices, if desired. Place into a large glass jar or two smaller ones.
- To use: Wet hands. Take 1 teaspoon of the sugar scrub and gently massage into skin. Rinse well. Can be used on hands and body - but avoid use on the face.