Cheesy Boston Clam Dip: An Academy Awards-Inspired Recipe
Looking for an excuse to throw an Oscars party? I’ve got eight excuses for you.
I am super excited to be teaming up with some of my blogger friends to create eight party-ready recipes that are perfect for an Oscars party. One for every Best Picture nominee.
Check Out 7 Other Best Picture-Inspired Recipes
- The Big Short: Jenga Veggie Towers with Creamy Cilantro Dip from Flour Arrangements
- Bridge of Spies: Bitesize “TV Dinner” Meatloaf Appetizers from Pickles Travel
- Brooklyn: Chocolate Stout Cannoli from Femme Fraiche
- Mad Max: Fury Road: Ruby Red Grapefruitcello from Making It With Stephany
- The Martian: Homemade Cheddar and Chive Tater Tots from The Honour System
- The Revenant: Crock Pot Ribs from Dining With Alice
- Room: Victoria Sandwich Cake from Savoury Table
About My Movie: Spotlight
Spotlight is about the Boston Globe’s investigation of child abuse in the Catholic church – and the subsequent coverup by the church. The investigative journalist team is called “Spotlight”. Here’s the movie trailer:
About The Recipe
Spotlight certainly isn’t a movie about food. But it takes place in one of America’s great food cities: Boston.
When I was trying to come up for an appropriate recipe, I went through a mental list of possible food items: Boston cream pie, Boston baked beans, Boston clam chowder… and finally settled on a recipe that every party needs: A cream cheese dip. With a Boston spin.
This cheesy clam dip takes just a few minutes to mix up. It’s a very affordable appetizer, as I opted to use canned clams. But you could certainly substitute fresh clams if you happen to live in Boston (jealous!) or another coastal city.
The crunchy, buttery topping makes the dip, in my opinion. Don’t skip it!
Now you have an excuse to throw an Academy Awards party on February 28! You can spend all day making these 8 recipes – or divide them up among your friends, which is the saner, more affordable option. Enjoy!
More cream cheese-based dips:
Check Out Other Years’ Movies
Keep in touch via Instagram! Follow Cheap Recipe Blog.
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 1 can minced clams (6.5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 Ritz crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325F. Drain clams and reserve liquid.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, clams, 1 tablespoon clam juice, Parmesan cheese, red pepper, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay Seasoning, and garlic powder. Place mixture in a small ovenproof bowl or glass baking dish.
- Crumble Ritz crackers and mix with melted butter. Place on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until cream cheese mixture is bubbly and crackers are golden brown. Serve hot with crackers and vegetables.