Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas
Hey pizza lovers!
If you’ve never made pizza with a tortilla shell before, you’re missing out. It’s one of the easiest ways to make homemade pizza at home. No yeast or kneading required!
The corn tortilla crisps up nicely in the oven, and gives these pizzas a nacho-esque quality to them.
This is what the pizzas look like straight out of the oven, before the fresh toppings are added:
Make Tortilla Shell Pizzas… With Corn Tortillas
Mexican or Tex Mex toppings work really well with these pizzas, but don’t be afraid to experiment with traditional pizza toppings.
I made a quick mozzarella and pepperoni pizza using a corn tortilla, and was very pleased with the outcome. The crust was very crisp (my fave!) and it took seconds to throw together. Just follow the same directions as below – baking the tortilla shell so it becomes crisp before adding the toppings and baking awhile longer.
Want homemade pizza without the hassle of yeast or kneading? Check out these other alternative pizza crust ideas.
Like this recipe idea? Get all this and more by following me on Instagram!
- Olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 8 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 avocado, cut into small chunks
- Ranch dressing, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F. Brush both sides of tortilla shells with olive oil. Place tortilla shells directly on the oven rack. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until tortilla shells are crisp. Remove from oven and place on a baking sheet.
- Top each tortilla with 1 tablespoon refried beans, cheese, and tomatoes. Bake for an additional 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Top each (slightly) cooled pizza with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and ranch dressing. Cut each pizza in fourths and serve.