Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas
The quickest and easiest way to make homemade pizza? With a tortilla as the crust. But it’s time to move beyond flour tortillas and experiment with something new: Corn tortilla pizzas!
Hey pizza lovers!
If you’ve never made pizza with a tortilla before, you’re missing out. It’s one of the easiest ways to make homemade pizza at home. You simply use the tortilla as the pizza crust. No yeast or kneading required!
About The Recipe: Corn Tortilla Pizzas
The corn tortilla crisps up nicely in the oven, and gives these pizzas a nacho-esque quality.
This is what the pizzas look like straight out of the oven, before the fresh toppings are added:
Make Tortilla Shell Pizzas… With Corn Tortillas
I made a quick mozzarella and pepperoni pizza using a corn tortilla, and was very pleased with the outcome.
The crust was very crisp (my fave!) and it took seconds to throw together. Just follow the same directions as below – baking the tortilla so it becomes crisp before adding the toppings and baking awhile longer.
- Gluten-free pizza on the fly: This is the ideal recipe for those on a gluten-free diet who crave pizza. Experiment with different toppings up to create something delicious.
- Want homemade pizza without the hassle of yeast or kneading? Check out these other alternative pizza crust ideas.
- Like this recipe? Be sure to give it a 5-star rating on the recipe card, below.
- Olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 8 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 avocado, cut into small chunks
- Ranch dressing, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F. Brush both sides of tortilla shells with olive oil. Place tortilla shells directly on the oven rack. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until tortilla shells are crisp. Remove from oven and place on a baking sheet.
- Top each tortilla with 1 tablespoon refried beans, cheese, and tomatoes. Bake for an additional 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Top each (slightly) cooled pizza with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and ranch dressing. Cut each pizza in fourths and serve.