DIY Guacamole Bar
Learn how to set up a DIY guacamole bar. Perfect for a party, where every guest gets to make their own customized serving of guacamole!
What’s more crowd-pleasing than guacamole?
Totally customizable guacamole, that’s what!
Different people like different things in their guacamole.
With this “guacamole bar” idea, you can please all of your party guests – including the guy who thinks cilantro tastes like soap and the girl who loves her guac tongue-scorchingly spicy.
Cinco de Mayo Recipes
If you’re throwing a Cinco de Mayo party, you’re in luck: I’m teaming up with four other bloggers to bring you 5 festive Mexican-themed recipes:
- Homemade refried beans
- Margarita tart with tortilla chip crust – Flour Arrangements
- Fiesta brown rice salad – The Honour System
- Crispy lemongrass chicken tacos – Pups With Chopsticks
How To Prepare a DIY Guacamole Bar
- Make a big batch of “basic” guacamole. Recipe below.
- Prep a variety of toppings/mix-ins, offering your guests options for making a create a totally customized guacamole.
- Provide each guest with a bowl to mix their guacamole – or at least a separate plate. This can get messy!
Guacamole Bar Toppings Ideas
Here are some toppings/mix-in ideas for your DIY guacamole bar:
- Fire-roasted corn
- Chopped jalapeno or serrano pepper
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped red onion
- Grape halves (trust me on this one!)
- Pomegranate arils
- Fresh lime
- Roasted garlic
- Hot sauce
- Worchestershire sauce
Get creative and have fun. The sky is the limit when it comes to marrying guacamole with unique toppings!