Epic Monster Cookies
Would you like some cookie with your M&M’s?
When it comes to monster cookies, I like mine loaded with M&M’s and chocolate chips. What’s the point of having a monster cookie any other way?
Go ahead and buy a big bag of M&M’s for this recipe.
Why These Are The Best Monster Cookies
I’m calling these epic monster cookies for several reasons:
- It’s worth repeating: They are LOADED with M&M’s
- They’re somehow crunchy and chewy at the same time
- They’re very peanut buttery
- They’re hearty: One of these cookies is probably enough… but one more won’t hurt
- They’re super simple to make
- I used turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw) instead of brown sugar. You can substitute brown sugar, but they may turn out different than my batch.
- I used corn starch in the recipe, recommended by Together As a Family blog
- I added chocolate chips and M&M’s to the dough, and then added bunch of M&M’s on the top of the cookies before baking: About 10 on top of each cookie
Try these yummy cookie recipes:
- The New York Times chocolate chip cookies
- Sweet Martha’s copycat cookies (from the Minnesota State Fair)
- Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (with homemade peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and peanut butter using an electric mixer. Mix until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Gradually mix wet and dry ingredients together. Add oats, chocolate chips, and about half of the M&M's.
- Take a golf ball sized amount of dough and roll into a ball. Place on baking sheet and flatten with hand. You'll get about 8 cookies per pan. Top each cookie with 10 or so M&M's.
- Bake for approximately 9 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and center is barely set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.