Cold Vegetable Pizza
If you’ve never had cold veggie pizza, you’re in for a treat. It’s comprised of:
- A crescent roll crust
- A layer of herb cream cheese
- Topped with cheese, vegetables, and olives
It’s the perfect food for a potluck dinner, family gathering or informal get-together.
You can customize the toppings to your liking. This is a good chance to use up vegetable odds and ends in your fridge!
Cold Vegetable Pizza: A Family Favorite
Growing up, every Sunday evening was spent at my grandma and grandpa’s house. We would get together and play board games and writing games, talk about life – and eventually have a nice big “lunch” near the end of the evening.
My grandma would often make this vegetable pizza, and if we were lucky, there would be a fruit pizza served as well.
I thank God for all of those Sunday evening get-togethers. I wish I could go back in time and experience just one of them again – with my grandma, grandpa, and aunt still living.
But life doesn’t work that way.
We have to be thankful for TODAY. For the holidays spent with family. For the food. For the people we are blessed to have in our lives today.
Check out these other appetizer pizza recipes:
- 1 package crescent rolls (8 count - 8 ounces)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups chopped/sliced vegetables of choice (radish, carrots, pea pods, bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.)
- 1/3 cup chopped green olives
- Unroll crescent rolls onto a large baking sheet, to make one large flat pastry. Fill any gaps in the dough. Bake according to package directions until golden brown. Remove from oven to cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese, ranch dressing, and garlic powder. Spread mixture on the cooled crescent roll crust.
- Top with cheese, vegetables, and olives. Slice and serve cold.