Garlic Bread Pizzas
On average, how much time do you spend making dinner for your family?
30 minutes? 45 minutes? Longer?
Here’s a budget-friendly recipe that allows you to put dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes. Start to finish.
This is a good one to have up your sleeve for those dinner emergencies. (We all have them!)
Money-saving tip: Scour your fridge and freezer for pizza toppings. If you have to buy toppings at the grocery store, take a trip around the grocery store salad bar. You can often find delicious ingredients like chopped bacon, blue cheese, Feta cheese, etc., for less than what it would cost to buy these ingredients individually.
Alternative Pizza Crust Ideas
- Tortilla shell pizzas
- English muffin pizzas
- Pita bread pizzas
- Bagel pizzas
- Naan bread pizzas
- Cauliflower pizza crust
- Other alternative pizza crusts
- Creative pizza topping ideas
The best part? Each pizza is customizable.
Each of your family members can choose their own toppings. The pickiest of palates will be satisfied!
I probably don’t need to tell you this, but these pizzas are equally good as an appetizer. These would also be good on the side of a warm bowl of chili.
Pin this recipe for future reference (Super Bowl, anyone?) Your guests will thank you for the yummy appetizer – and you will thank me for the easy recipe!
- 1 package frozen garlic bread slices
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup desired toppings (I used pepperoni, onions, mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, and green peppers)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place garlic bread slices on a large baking sheet. Top each slice with a scant tablespoon of pizza sauce, cheese, and desired toppings.
- Bake pizzas for 12 to 15 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.