Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Here is a cheap and easy recipe for baked sweet potato fries.
These have all the flavor of deep fried sweet potato fries you get in restaurants, minus the unhealthy oils (these are baked with a light coating of olive oil).
I sometimes make sweet potato fries for a late-night snack. They’re also a great side dish or appetizer, served with ranch dressing or chipotle ketchup.
The best part? These fries are super cheap. Right around $1.00 per serving.
A popular burger joint here in St. Paul (The Nook) dusts their sweet potato fries lightly with cinnamon-sugar. It adds a subtle sweetness that isn’t overpowering. Give it a go if you’re looking for a unique spin on sweet potato fries!
Get the recipe: Baked sweet potato chips
Get the recipe: Crispy baked French fries with raspberry ketchup
Get the recipe: Carrot fries
Get the recipe: Creole sweet potatoes
Get the recipe: Crispy polenta fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400F. Slice sweet potatoes into thin strips. In a mixing bowl, toss potato strips with olive oil and spices.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. After fries have baked, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired.