Fried Egg Sandwich Variations Recipes
The humble fried egg sandwich is one of the cheapest and most versatile sandwiches out there. Keep reading for several creative takes on the fried egg sandwich.
Fried egg sandwiches are one of my favorite cheap and easy meals to throw together at the last minute.
Why? They’re tasty, and I almost always have eggs, bread, and mayonnaise on hand.
As much as I love the basic fried egg sandwich, it’s fun to mix it up with different sauces, toppings and add-ins. The last time I made this sandwich, I used chipotle mayo and avocado.
For the sandwiches in the photos, I layered on cheese, tomatoes, and spinach.
But there are probably a million different ways to prepare a fried egg sandwich, and today we’re going to talk about a few of them.
Fried Egg Sandwich Ideas
Here are some ideas for making a killer fried egg sandwich:
- Add bacon, ham or turkey
- Add cheese (try cheddar or provolone)
- Add spinach or lettuce
- Add hot sauce and mustard
- Add pesto mayonnaise or harissa mayonnaise
- Add cream cheese flavored with dill
- Use scrambled eggs instead of fried eggs
- Make a traditional BLT sandwich and add a fried egg
- Use a toasted bagel instead of bread, and pile on the toppings
- Make a breakfast fried egg sandwich on an English muffin
- Make a toad-in-the-hole sandwich: Cut a circle in the middle of the bread and fry the egg
The best part? The cost! Even if you use artisan bread and organic eggs, each sandwich only costs about 60 cents.
Is A Fried Egg Sandwich Healthy?
That depends on who you ask. For gluten-free diets, for example, fried egg sandwiches pose a risk. But this is easily fixed by using gluten-free bread.
All in all, fried egg sandwiches are a simple food, with just a few ingredients. If you use quality bread, farm-fresh eggs, add some veggies and a healthy sauce or spread, this is a relatively healthy sandwich.
Get a mini frying pan: Make perfect sandwich-sized eggs every time: Nonstick One Egg Wonder Fry Pan Cookware
First time visiting Cheap Recipe Blog? Welcome! I frequently post new recipes that cost just a couple of dollars and taste great. Stay in touch via Instagram, where I post sneak peeks at upcoming recipes.
- 1 slice toasted bread
- 1 slice cheese (I used colby cheese)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Fresh spinach leaves
- 1 fried egg
- Salt and pepper
- Layer ingredients on sandwich and enjoy.