Fried Egg Sandwich Variations Recipes
Fried egg sandwiches are one of my favorite cheap and easy meals to throw together at the last minute.
Why? They’re tasty, and I almost always have eggs, bread, and mayonnaise on hand.
As much as I love the basic fried egg sandwich, it’s fun to mix it up with different sauces, toppings and add-ins. The last time I made this sandwich, I used chipotle mayo and avocado.
For the sandwiches in the photos, I layered on cheese, tomatoes, and spinach.
But there are probably a million different ways to prepare a fried egg sandwich, and today we’re going to talk about a few of them.
Fried Egg Sandwich Ideas
Here are some ideas for spicing up the traditional fried egg sandwich:
- Add bacon, ham or turkey
- Add cheese (try cheddar or provolone)
- Add spinach or lettuce
- Add hot sauce and mustard
- Add pesto mayonnaise or harissa mayonnaise
- Add cream cheese flavored with dill
- Make a traditional BLT sandwich and add a fried egg
- Use a toasted bagel instead of bread, and pile on the toppings
- Make a breakfast fried egg sandwich on an English muffin
The best part? The cost! Even if you use artisan bread and organic eggs, each sandwich only costs about 60 cents.
Get a mini frying pan: Make perfect sandwich-sized eggs every time: Nonstick One Egg Wonder Fry Pan Cookware
First time visiting Cheap Recipe Blog? Welcome! I frequently post new recipes that cost just a couple of dollars and taste great. Stay in touch via Instagram, where I post sneak peeks at upcoming recipes.
- 1 slice toasted bread
- 1 slice cheese (I used colby cheese)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Fresh spinach leaves
- 1 fried egg
- Salt and pepper
- Layer ingredients on sandwich and enjoy.