Breakfast Pizza Recipe
If you’re looking for an excuse to eat pizza for breakfast, here it is. This unique pizza also happens to be very budget-friendly – and is adaptable. Use what you have on hand!
About The Recipe: Breakfast Pizza
Pizza for breakfast. Can we do this every day?
This is a fun, cheap, and creative breakfast recipe that is quite simple to make.
I used a store-bought pizza crust and topped it with breakfast-friendly ingredients I happened to have on hand.
But wait a minute. Pizza with egg on top?
Trust me on this. It’s really not much different than a baked breakfast sandwich, except we’re using pizza crust instead of bread.
What You’ll Need To Make Breakfast Pizza
The ingredient list for breakfast pizza is rather short:
- Fresh pizza dough
- Mozzarella cheese
Additional toppings: Here’s where it gets fun. You can add additional breakfast pizza toppings such as cooked sausage, ham, ring bologna, bell peppers, hot peppers, mushrooms, additional cheese or other ingredients. Scour your fridge, freezer, and pantry for ideas.
How To Put Eggs On Pizza
What makes this breakfast pizza appropriate for breakfast? The eggs.
When it comes to adding eggs to your pizza, you have a couple of options:
- Crack the directly onto the pizza (make a divot in the area you are adding it so the egg doesn’t run off the pa)
- Beat the eggs before pouring onto the crust into a divot, which will result in more of a scrambled egg topping
Follow Along To Learn Ways To Save Money On Food
I’m all about cheap recipes that don’t taste cheap, if that makes sense. Recipes that make use of budget-friendly foods like eggs and pizza dough (in this recipe) – as well as carrots, oats, ground turkey or beef, and chicken thighs.
When you stock your kitchen with these budget-friendly ingredients, you can make meals that don’t cost a lot of money – and you’ll save a lot of money in the long-run.
If you want to receive notifications of new recipes and money-saving tips, please sign up for new recipe email alerts and like my Facebook page. No spam, no nonsense. I promise!
If you like creative pizza toppings, check out this list of 50+ unique pizza toppings.
- 1 tube refrigerator pizza dough (or one batch of homemade pizza dough)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 whole eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Unroll the pizza dough onto a round pizza pan. Top with mozzarella cheese, bacon, onion, and scallions. Clear away toppings slightly in three areas to make room for the eggs. Crack eggs directly onto pizza. Season with salt and pepper. Rearrange toppings, if desired, to cover eggs.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pizza is lightly browned and eggs are cooked to your liking.