Breakfast Pizza Recipe
I’m back from a frenzied week off after my computer got infected with a virus – a particularly nasty one, in fact. I was seriously panicked, especially since I hadn’t backed up my computer since last July. What freaked me out the most was the thought of losing my collection of recipe photos taken over the past year.
It all started when I was searching for a recipe using Google Images. This had been my favorite way to search for recipes, because it allowed me to see photos of all of the recipes. Now, I’m going to opt for safer searches. I clicked on a photo to read a recipe, and all of a sudden a bunch of suspicious-looking pop-ups warning of a computer virus invaded my computer. Thanks to the computer savviness of my cousin Bill (thank you!!), my computer is now virus-free.
So I’ll take this time to send a friendly reminder to all of you – back up your computers and make sure you have the latest anti-virus software installed!
About The Recipe: Breakfast Pizza
Pizza for breakfast = the best idea ever.
This is a fun, cheap, and creative breakfast recipe that is quite simple to make. I used a store-bought pizza crust and topped it with breakfast-friendly ingredients I happened to have on hand.
But wait a minute. Pizza with egg on top?
Trust me on this. It’s really not much different than a baked breakfast sandwich, except we’re using pizza crust instead of bread.
While I love the idea of cracking eggs directly onto the pizza, I understand if that’s not your thing. You could certainly beat the eggs before putting them on the pizza so they resemble scrambled eggs. Or skip the eggs altogether.
Either way, it’s pizza for breakfast.
Like What You See?
I’m all about cheap recipes that don’t taste cheap, if you know what I mean. If you want to receive notifications of new recipes and money-saving tips, please follow my Pinterest boards and like my Facebook page. No spam, no nonsense. I promise!
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Prep Time:10 min
Cook Time:10 min
Total Time:20 min
- 1 tube of refrigerator pizza dough (or one batch of homemade pizza dough)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices turkey bacon, crumbled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 whole eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Unroll the pizza dough onto a round pizza pan. Top with mozzarella cheese, bacon, onion, and scallions. Clear away toppings slightly in three areas to make room for the eggs. Crack eggs directly onto pizza. Season with salt and pepper. Rearrange toppings, if desired, to cover eggs.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pizza is lightly browned and eggs are cooked to your liking.