Banana Soft Serve
I’m all about dessert recipes that are actually healthy. All too often, so-called healthy dessert recipes are loaded with refined sugar, artificial ingredients, and other questionable ingredients.
I’m excited to share this particular recipe with you, because it’s a dessert recipe that is actually healthy:
- It low-calorie
- It’s vegan (if you use non-dairy milk)
- It’s free of added sugar
- It contains only two ingredients: Bananas and milk (plus your choice of toppings)
This recipe couldn’t be easier – or cheaper, for that matter. Four servings costs right around $1.00 to make.
You simply place frozen bananas into a food processor, pulse until you reach the consistency as seen in the photo below, add chocolate, continue to pulse until smooth, and freeze.
As simple as this recipe is, it still feels indulgent.
You can get your chocolate fix and ice cream fix all in one easy recipe. Think outside of the traditional ice cream box and give this recipe a try.
Want more healthy dessert recipes? Check out my healthy desserts Pinterest board:
Follow Haley @ Cheap Recipe Blog’s board Healthy Desserts on Pinterest.
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup milk (your choice of cow, soy, almond, etc.)
- Add-ins: Chocolate chips, nuts, coconut, sprinkles, seeds, etc.
- Peel bananas and cut into fourths. Freeze overnight or until solid. Place frozen bananas in a food processor and pulse about 20 times, until you get small chunks as seen in the photo above. Add milk. Continue pulsing until smooth.
- Stir in desired add-ins. Place ice cream in the freezer until ready to eat. This will last just a few days in the freezer, so be sure to eat and enjoy it soon!