Cereal Pops Recipe
If you’re like me, you probably don’t want to spend a lot of money on Valentine’s Day. It’s a lot more fun to get in the kitchen and make your own treat than dropping $20 on a box of chocolates.
This is the classic Rice Krispies Treats recipe – although I used corn flakes instead. A whole big batch of treats costs less than $5.00.
To cut the cost down, use store-brand cereal.
Get your kids involved! Get out the Valentine’s Day sprinkles and come up with your own unique designs.
I made some of these into cereal pops and others into individual bars made in a muffin tin. You could also try cutting out fun shapes with a cookie cutter.
Looking for another cheap Valentine’s Day treat recipe? Check these out:
- Homemade conversation hearts
- Chocolate-covered strawberries made in an ice cube tray
- Chocolate-covered marshmallow hearts
- Rose creme brulee for two
New to Cheap Recipe Blog? Welcome! Don’t forget to like my Facebook page so we can keep in touch.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10-ounce bag marshmallows
- 6 cups cereal (See note above. I used corn flakes.)
- Melted chocolate chips
- Lollipop sticks (purchase from a craft store)
- In a large microwaveable bowl, heat butter and marshmallows until melted, about 3 minutes. Stir about half way through. Add cereal and stir. Allow cereal mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- To shape into cereal pops, take about 1/3 cup of the cereal mixture. Using buttered hands, shape into a ball. Place on a non-stick surface. Press a lollipop stick into cereal balls. Top with sprinkles and melted chocolate.