Spicy Banana Salsa Recipe
If you like mango salsa or pineapple salsa, why not try another fruit-based salsa?
About the Salsa
I threw together this quick and easy salsa recipe for a Father’s Day get-together.
The salsa was fresh, slightly sweet and just a little bit spicy.
Although I photographed the salsa with plantain chips, I think I prefer tortilla chips. The salty chip contrasted nicely with the slightly sweet fruit salsa.
Give this recipe a try for your next summer potluck, or try using it as a topping for grilled chicken or fish tacos.
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 bananas (see notes above)
- Juice from 1 1/2 limes
- Pinch of salt
- Combine red pepper, jalapeño, green onions, shallot, ginger, brown sugar, and olive oil in a small mixing bowl.
- Chop bananas into bite-sized pieces. Place in a separate bowl. Pour lime juice over bananas and toss to coat. Add bananas to the rest of the ingredients. Add salt to taste. Serve within an hour with plantain chips or tortilla chips.