Pickle Rollups Recipe
If I asked you to take my word on something, would you? Have we reached this level of trust yet?
If you’ve already tried these pickle rollups, you know how amazing they are. No convincing needed.
But if you haven’t, you’re going to have to take my word for it. These pickle rollups aren’t fancy. And they’re certainly not pretty. But they are super delicious. In Minnesota and South Dakota, we serve these with pride.
There’s just something about the briny pickle, the mellow cream cheese, and the salty meat that makes these easy to devour. Where I’m from, people gobble these things up. And I see no reason why the rest of the country can’t follow suit.
I’ll be making a batch of these for my Super Bowl party, but they’re appropriate for any get-together: Backyard get-togethers, picnics, potlucks, card parties, kid parties, etc. It’s time to embrace your inner Midwesterner (unless you’re from here, of course), and give these pickle rollups a try.
- 8 whole dill pickles
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 pieces pastrami (alternatively, you can use ham)
- Remove excess moisture from pickles by blotting with a paper towel.
- Spread pastrami slices with a thick layer of cream cheese. Place the pickle at the bottom of the pastrami and roll up.
- Carefully cut pastrami-wrapped pickles into 1/2 inch coins. Serve chilled.