Chai Tea Concentrate (To Make Your Own Chai Tea Lattes At Home)
Making your own flavored drink syrups at home is incredibly easy.
I’ve done this several times before – with ginger, lavender, and other flavors – but I recently discovered my favorite homemade syrup of all: A spicy, zesty chai tea blend that can be used to make your own chai tea lattes at home.
Makes a Great (And Inexpensive) Gift
Do you plan on giving homemade gifts this year for Christmas? Consider making a batch of this syrup, which is a bit more creative than traditional food gifts like fudge and spiced nuts. Put it in a pretty container, add ribbon and a label, and you have a great holiday-appropriate gift that costs about $2.00 to make.
Money-saving tip: Buy spices in the bulk food section instead of buying entire jars.
How To Make Homemade Chai Tea Lattes At Home
I considered making a concentrate that already contained tea, but after doing some research online, I decided against it because then the syrup wouldn’t last as long. Rather, use these instructions to make a delicious chai tea latte at home:
- Make a strong cup of black tea (use 2 tea bags, if necessary)
- Use these instructions to make steamed milk in the microwave (or use your own steamer or milk frother)
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the syrup (recipe below) to the hot tea
- Add steamed milk and stir with a spoon
Other Uses For Chai Tea Concentrate
Besides making homemade chai tea lattes at home, here are some other uses for this syrup:
- Make the most delicious whipped cream ever: Use this syrup instead of sugar to sweeten homemade whipped cream. Serve on top of pumpkin or apple pie.
- Stir into your morning coffee along with half-and-half
- Drizzle on top of vanilla ice cream
- Use as a syrup on pancakes or apple oatcakes
- Use as a cocktail mixer
- Add a tablespoon or two to cake batter
- Add a tablespoon or two to French toast or pancake batter
- Drizzle on top of cinnamon ice cream